Counting on Arizona’s Future: A Report to the Arizona Data Estimates and Population Task Force
Governor Janet Napolitano created the Arizona Data Estimates and Population Task Force (ADEPT) to undertake several key tasks:
- Evaluate best practices by other states for developing accurate population and employment estimates and projections
- Assess population estimates and projections models currently used by entities in Arizona
- Evaluate current employment estimates to include estimates of income and labor capacity and creating employment projections consistent with the population projections
- Evaluate best practices by other states for access to utilization of labor market information
- Make recommendations to enhance the population and labor market data programs
The Council for Community & Economic Research (C2ER) and the Center for Regional Economic Competitiveness (CREC) provided consulting support to ADEPT, conducting research on best practices in other states and facilitating the development of recommendations. ADEPT not only adopted the recommendations, but the Governor began implementation of key governance recommendations before the study was even finalized.
About the Client
Arizona Commerce Authority
The Arizona Commerce Authority (ACA) is an aggressive new organization that has a laser focus on recruitment of quality companies and jobs for Arizona as well as the expansion of companies already here. The ACA, formerly the Arizona Department of Commerce, has been re-created as a streamlined, business-savvy organization focused on producing results that benefit businesses and the Arizona economy.